2013 was a good year for metro Atlanta. The city of Atlanta itself and the surrounding areas received several new rankings that indicate the city’s excellent quality of life to potential Atlanta homebuyers.
Here are some of the most notable rankings:
- Atlanta no. 1 Funniest City in America by Movoto
- Atlanta no. 1 Best Cities to Start a Business by NerdWallet
- Atlanta no. 2 Best City in America for 2013 by Movoto
- Atlanta no. 3 Best City for Movie Lovers by Movoto
- Alpharetta no. 6 Fastest Growing City in the Nation by U.S. Census Bureau
- Athens no. 6 America’s Prettiest Towns by Forbes
- Forsyth County no. 7 Fastest Growing County in US by Forbes
- Buckhead no.9 Ninth-Wealthiest Zip Code by Forbes
- Georgia no. 10 Best State for Business by Forbes
- Johns Creek no. 14 America’s Safest Cities by NeighborhoodScout.com
- Suwanee no. 33 Best Places to Live by CNN Money
- Milton no. 39 America’s Safest Cities by NeighborhoodScout.com
From rankings on safety and entertainment to growth and best overall, the metro Atlanta area was recognized for a little bit of everything this past year. Even the local housing market was in on the action, posting gains that ranked the city at the top nationally in terms of a housing recovery.
Do you know of more top rankings that we missed? Share them in the comments section below.
Great information provided by Atlanta Real Estate Forum