Is it finally time to tackle that home renovation project you’ve been putting off? Home remodeling tasks can be daunting, but with the help of reliable general contractors Georgia, you can easily transform any space of your home.
Here are five tips for finding the right home contractor for your job:
- Choose a licensed and insured contractor: Just like you wouldn’t go to a doctor who didn’t have a medical license, you shouldn’t use a contractor who hasn’t been certified. However, licensed contractors are not always insured, so it’s better to go the extra step to find out.
- Get referrals and check online reviews: Just because a contractor is licensed by the state doesn’t mean that they are automatically the best one for the job. Ask your friends who they have used in the past and check their website for reviews and testimonials.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions…lots of them: There is no such thing as a stupid question, especially when it comes to your home. Ask about their history, past projects, portfolio, estimated costs, etc. before starting the job.
- Always have a contract: Even if you think your project is simple, get a contract. This guarantees that both parties know the full scope of the project and who is responsible for what and when.
- Don’t pay too much up front: General contractors, including Cardinal Construction, typically ask for an initial payment to help us cover materials, workers, etc. However, don’t be afraid to ask what your money is going towards.
If you’re ready to start asking the tough questions for your next Georgia remodeling project, we’ve got the answers. Cardinal Construction has a full design/build remodeling and custom building team ready to tackle your project and get you the answers you need.
But don’t just take our word for it, be sure to check out our testimonials and more information at www.CardinalAtlanta.com.