Can you feel it? Spring is in the air, which means it’s time to spring clean your Atlanta new home. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite tips to make sure your home feels refreshed from top to bottom and inside and out.
- Clean Windows: Instead of cloths or newspapers, try using rubber-edged squeegees.
- Wash Your Blinds: Use gentle wood cleaner on a nearly dry sponge to wipe off your wooden blinds.
- Dust: Get rid of those dust bunnies that have been hibernating all winter under the bed, on your favorite bookshelf and even on top of your fan blades.
- Protect Your Floors: Keep your favorite hardwoods from getting scratched by installing surface protectors on the undersides of furniture legs.
- Clean the Refrigerator: Empty your fridge completely and clean off all of the shelves and drawers, then as you replace items, check to see which ones have expired.
- Deep Clean: Rent a shampooer/extractor to deep clean your carpet and rugs to keep them fresh and odor free.
- Closet Clutter: Tackle closet clutter by donating clothing you haven’t worn in the past year and then reorganizing what’s left by how you get dressed in the morning and by color.
- Take it Outdoors: Pull out those outdoor patio furniture sets you stored away during the cooler months and wipe off any dust or dirt that has accumulated.
- Replace Batteries: Don’t forget to replace the batteries in your smoke detector every six months.
By taking a couple of hours to complete these easy tasks around your home, you’ll certainly enjoy a fresh start to your spring.
Great information provided by Atlanta Real Estate Forum.